Friday, December 25, 2015

Poverty

As with every Saturnalia holiday, the entire day was spent at the den of consumerism (read: shopping mall) in Kahala. The focus was on extended loitering as required by the homeless life-style. A total of six hours was spent there with a brief excursion (about 1.25 hours) to town and back on the bus. Coffee, a smoothie snack, and dinner were courtesy the fast food joint.

Typical Holiday Hottie
Overall, a miserable experience. What made the event even more fatiguing was the realization that I would be doing that (i.e., loitering) daily once I am homeless. And, yes, the homeless were everywhere (i.e., highly visible) all day. The Saturnalia holiday allowed them the luxury of leisurely loitering anywhere.

Silence, Little Lamb!
There's not much more that I can do. Even if I had a wage slave job, I would not fork out $1,200 per month for a substandard rental studio apartment. I would also have to pay for utilities. And, I have no furniture, no cookware, no small appliances, nothing. To regain some semblance of a mediocre "standard of living," lots more money would be flowing out of my bank account. That's totally unacceptable.

1 comment:

  1. Wow good blog. Hello friend this is my blog link https://mycryptocoinforum.blogspot.com where you can get updated news on cryptocurrency. Please follow me and visit my blog everyday and share to your friends relatives as much as you can. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete