Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Edging Toward Dereliction

This morning, my homeless buddy and I met as previously planned. We made a short excursion to the area where he and his cohorts have an exclusive "camp." It's the frontage of a rental storage facility.

Typical Overnight Hottie
The potential overnight parking spot is on the same side street as my homeless buddy's "camp," just before it forks in two different directions. According to my homeless buddy, only two or three vehicle park there at night, their owners being security guards for the adjacent properties. From what I can ascertain, undisturbed overnight parking may be possible until at least 5am. The local urinal is the gutter next to the roadside curb.

Typical Subsidized Hottie
My homeless buddy also disclosed that he's going back to Vietnam in February, much earlier than expected. He will be there for six months again. He also has plans to move to Alaska, although I seriously doubt that he would like the place. He believes that he can qualify for subsidized housing over there.

Typical Fortunate Hottie
Later, I chatted with Maka at the gym. He provided a few more homeless suggestions. I lamented that I never expected to end up homeless. "You're fortunate that you have the minivan," he said. Yes, I will be one of the more affluent of the homeless, for what that's worth.

Typical Decisive Hottie
So, the homeless decision is a done deal on New Year's Day, I suppose. Not really an adventure that I look forward to. However, what other options are there?

No comments:

Post a Comment