Thursday, March 26, 2015

Postponed, Not Mummified

My intention this morning was to acquire the homeless motorhome (read: luxury minivan). However, after nearly four hours at the automobile dealership in Kane'ohe, I ended up with a budget automobile ... the unattractive, albeit discontinued, Nissan® Cube. As with ten years ago, I had to play along with the cheesy sales theatrics. There was a lot of "hand waving," with the claim that I received $9,500 for the Nissan® Frontier truck, but I easily calculated that it was much lower than that. Total cost was $13,500 out the door.

Nissan® Cube
The Nissan® Cube is a 2014 model, the last year of production. It is a "demo" unit, so it is not exactly new. That's fine, though. I won't be so worried about it being vandalized or keeping it clean. As ugly as it is, the vehicle is fun to drive and quite peppy. It also gets really good mileage per gallon of petrol. The scary part is that it is so small. I feel quite vulnerable inside its tiny cabin. And, it will not suffice as a homeless motorhome.

So what about the homeless motorhome? Even the lowest base model was way too luxurious for my tastes. In addition, it was as large as my former pickup truck and slightly heavier. A homeless motorhome should not look that nice. So, the homeless decision has been postponed, not mummified, for a few months.

On a side note, I was taken quite aback by the circumstances of the deliberate downing of the Germanwings airliner in the Swiss Alps. I cannot even imagine the horror that swept through passenger cabin in the last few minutes of the ill-fated flight.

4 comments:

  1. Lol! WTF? On the one hand constantly getting rid of small stuff then you rush off and buy yet another motor vehicle... You're going to suffer a big boot of buyers remorse soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bout, not boot. I feel kind of sad for you actually. You're like one of those stereotypical senile old people who are like putty in the hands of a fast talking salesman... You need some help before these salesman take all your money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are kind of an arrogant clown who can only see through your limited scope of narcissistic vision. My truck, ten years old, was due for about $3,000 in postponed and overdue maintenance in addition to its annual $360 registration due next month. While I continue to reside in Waimanalo, I must commute by automobile in order to get to town due to poor and limited bus service. In addition, I may end up moving to areas that are just as distant or inconvenient.

      Oh yes, I could simply move away to a "better" or cheaper locale. Forget about family. As i recall, your familial ties were very strained leaving you bitter and cold. My family ties are not great, but I choose to maintain them for now.

      Delete
  3. As we ponder a move to the Hawaii Kai -Koko Head area of the island, it looks like Uncle Frank's Limo (aka DaBus) may not be enuf for fast trips into Town, if and when necessary. I've been trying to maintain the notion that public transportation was all we needed, but this is only true up to a point. Excellent as the service in on Oahu, it doesen't fill all needs if you live in, say, Ewa Beach or Pearl City, or esp. way out on Waianae Side. Even the Express lines are much slower than even a scooter (max. speed about 45 mph.). Anyway, unless you're a Waikiki Condo Troll or live somewhere close to downtown, a car is nearly a necessity. That's it for today's Shitty But True factoid.

    ReplyDelete