Sunday, April 19, 2015

Insurgence

Viewing the flick, "Insurgent," was the highlight of the entire year so far. While not quite as intriguing as the first flick of the series, "Insurgent" was not a disappointment by any means. Unfortunately, I won't be viewing any other flicks. I am now only following the "Divergent" series.

Silence, Little Lamb!
By the way, I happened to view an interesting documentary on the RT news stream. "Raft to Freedom" followed the journey of "Minister" Steven Brigham, who is homeless by choice, as he seeks places of refuge and advocates for the homeless. What I found most interesting are his comments about freedom.

Freedom and mortality are now the only two issues that concern me. Well, pretty much every other issue is intertwined with the latter and former. In other words, the entirety of the "human condition" revolves around both.

My latest findings? The "ownership society" infringes upon personal freedom. The flaw in the concept is the premise that "ownership" buys freedom. Instead, "ownership" essentially creates prison cells wherein we, the occupants, are reduced to a life of solitary confinement. Venturing outside the prison cell is considered trespassing on private property, that is, unless admission is paid to enter the venue. Only the truly affluent class can afford to purchase freedom. Yet, one has to wonder, is purchased freedom really freedom? Or, is it simply leased until the money runs out?

Homelessness on the island has finally reached epidemic proportions. The situation is totally out of control. In the last few days, I have observed the increased popularity of motorhomelessness, and not restricted to minivans either. A quick check of the rental housing market revealed that asking rents for rooms in shared quarters continue to climb. The high end is approaching $3,000 per month. On average, rent for rooms has gone up $100 per month since my last discussion on the matter.

Of course, the ramifications for me are obvious. I can choose to remain in Waimanalo, or I can become homeless. I am not willing to pay $800 upward for a small room in shared quarters. So, once I decide to leave Waimanalo, I will definitely be joining the ranks of the motorhomeless. As I have stated previously, there are no other options.

I should also mention that my interest in working out at the gym is waning. There just seems to be no purpose, given my advanced age. Yet, I know that my physique will degenerate rapidly once I stop working out. Once the flab sets in, there's no hope for recovery.

Surveillance Mini-Update®
The despicable surveillance robot made a surprise visit on Saturday at 7pm HST. Why? Why?

2 comments:

  1. What about the hottie trainer? If you quit the gym, wouldn't you miss your sightings of her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the hottie gym trainer. Unfortunately, baby has not come around. What is a gym membership worth without a savior?

      Delete